Tuesday, January 6, 2009

¡Empieza!

Of, course, that means BEGIN! Which is SO what Shaki needs to do right now. Ever have so many little dreams that none of them seems big enough to knock the others out and get itself fulfilled?
Well, i decided that 2009 is a great year, just waiting for excitement! Yes, that's what i like, i admit it. When one takes those silly personality tests, what is one thing that always appeals to me? Uh... danger. excitement. scary-ness.. (is that a word?) desafío. challenge. Even sometimes change, although change can wear me out, too. And i've had quite a load of change this past year.
La cosa bonita about change: it always teaches you something. And i should be a professor by now. A co-worker asked me, "Don't you regret those risks you took last year?" And i have to be honest, my answer was...

NO!

Why? Because #1: I gave people chances. #2: In giving people chances, i trusted them. #3: In trusting people, i showed them respect and love... and gave them a challenge, too. To trust me! #4: I forgave. How can you forgive, unless you put yourself out there to possibly get hurt? #5: After repeating #4 a couple thousand times (ok, it just felt like it!), I moved on.

To me, así es la vida. That is life. How boring would life be if we never took a chance on friends, family, loves, challenges, learning, accomplishment? I don't think we were created to be bored to death. That's why i gave away my television. That's right. You heard me correctly. I refuse to sit on my tush watching other people's lives... "Life" is a verb for me! VIDA!!!

So i hate being bored, i look forward to 2009 and some challenging goals, i learned from my --not "mistakes"-- ADVENTURES of the past, and am willing to "luchar con el angel"... work for my blessings.

Shaki must go... but i'll be back! :) xoxo

No comments: